In our house we all love granola, well except Peanut ( I bet she loves it too!). Rand McNally takes some to work with yogurt every day, Munchkin LOVES yogurt parfaits, and I have been known to have some with yogurt on occasion as well. We can easily go through a box of granola a week! If you haven’t bought granola recently it isn’t cheap.
I have tried several recipes I found online and just wasn’t happy. So today I came up with my own! It turned out really well and I know it will be perfect for our family!
The Yummiest Granola Recipe
6 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup flour (or wheat germ if you have it!)
1 cup chopped nuts (I had almonds on hand)
1/2 cup of seeds (here I used sunflower)
1/2 cup flaked coconut (didn’t have any but this would be yummy!)
2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
2 Tbs of milk
1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, seeds, and nuts in a large bowl.
- In a large mixing cup combine oil, honey, vanilla, and milk.
- Add the honey mixture to the dry oat bowl. Mix until it is all covered.
- Then grease (spray) 2 cookie sheets (baking pans will work too). Divide the mixture between the two pans.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Stir during baking about half way through. Granola will be turning a light brown color when finished.
- Let granola cool for at least 15 minutes before stirring. Then transfer to a tightly sealed container (here is where you add the raisins if you want to).