With Peanut’s birthday around the corner (less than 3 months EEK!) I have already started planning. I love to plan parties… I have several I am working on at the moment!
There is one thing we do for EVERY birthday party for our children. We choose something to do … in Lieu of Gifts! Everyone has read your ‘presence is the best present’ on invitations, well that isn’t enough. We tried this for Munchkin’s first party and found out that people were still super kind and brought her gifts.
So instead we each year since we have picked a place to donate or an item to bring for something else. I decided to come up with a list of options in case you are searching for something to do … in lieu of gifts!
- Donations to the Local Zoo in the Child’s name
- Bring ‘x’ number of items for a food pantry (the child’s age works)
- Bring donations for a local animal shelter (we did this for Munchkin’s 3rd Birthday!)
- The Pajama Program ( A program to donate books and pajama’s for children in need)
- Operation Christmas Child
- Stuffed Animals for Emergencies
- Project Smile
- Operation Gratitude Battle Buddies (supports the children of deployed troops)